Black hair - Brown eyes
Teacher / Professor / Education (occupation)
$25,001 to $35,000 (income)
Looking for: Serious Relationship, Travel Partner, Friendship
Has no children
A little about me...
Retired from the Educational Technology/computer support field as a teacher and independent contractor. Was in small business, travel, and public education. Now fully retired, got Medicare, and getting a little restless-- seeking someone to share in new challenges and adventures--if not introduce/interject them...being a Type II diabetic, I could use more activity, exercise, and motivation.
- Love to travel via cruise ship (usually mainstream ones). Lots of world to see yet...or at least pass through.
- Like small power boats, beaches, pools, and hot tubs...especially with BBQ's
- I do not smoke or drink alcohol, but like coffee,
About the one I'm looking for...
- Good heart. Intelligent. Patience a plus.
- Tolerant, with a general acceptance of the world and the people in it.
- Someone to be my last best friend at home and travel/cruise companion who is able to sleep with some noise and light (especially in a cruise ship cabin or travel hotel -- I admit snore and have very flexible sleep hours).
- Own a bathing suit or two (size/shape not important) and doesn't mind getting hair wet in a pool or ocean.
I'd just like to add...
Third generation Japanese-American born and raised in Hawaii. Retired veteran U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. Service shaped many of my outlooks on life and provided a world of experiences and challenges. Myers-Briggs type INTJ.
- I like cats (but am not currently adopted by one).
UH football season ticket holder but do not view all sports regularly.
- Someone wrote that she's looking for someone, "who knows a little about a lot and can hold a conversation. It doesn't always have to be intellectual,". Hmmm, I might qualify.
- I've realized that on this side of retirement, friendship and companionship is the endgame. Values and needs have changed. Time to enjoy and face a new world armed with a lifetime of memories and experiences.
- Sorry, I will not respond to profiles with no photo...too much drama involved.
Q. Do you enjoy cooking?
A. I cook rather than starve
Q. How patient do you consider yourself?
A. Quite patient
Q. Are you romantic?
A. A little romantic
Q. How punctual are you typically?
A. Sometimes late
Q. Do you enjoy going to the movies?
A. Enjoy it
Q. How much do you enjoy going to live theatre?
A. Just OK
Q. How much do you like reading?
A. I enjoy it
My Top Interests:
Cruising is my ultimate vacation/change of pace and favorite means to visit new and favorite ports in the world.
Been to Las Vegas many times (40+...hey, it's called the 9th Hawaiian Island) but not a gambler. Eat, read, sightsee, shows, water features... then I re-discovered modern cruising...
Love to listen to show tunes and songs of the 50's - 80's. Sing along to the oldies and show tunes often. Karaoke when I really know the song well.
But... you won't find earbud wires hanging out my ears. :-)
Nature and Outdoors
Appreciate the beauty and geographical diversity of Hawaii, especially the allure of the beaches and ocean. Was a surfer, recreational boat owner, and fisherman decades ago... the sea still beacons, but... is there really any going back?